EUROYoung is a Forum of EURO, the European Association of Operational Research Societies. We provide training, dissemination and networking opportunities to young Operational Researchers.
The objectives of EUROYoung include:
- Fostering collaboration among students and early-career researchers in O.R.;
- Providing young O.R. scholars and practitioners with tools to advance their careers, mainly through training;
- Creating networks both among young researchers and with more senior leaders in the field of O.R.;
- Connecting demand and offer in the O.R. job market, both in academia and the industry.
The EUROYoung workshops are the main events organised by our Forum. With these workshops we want:
- To create a bond between researchers going through a delicate phase of their career and preparing themselves to be the faculty and practitioners of tomorrow;
- To promote peer-education and give young researchers the opportunity to teach their colleagues something unique they have learnt;
- To share knowledge from established O.R. “seniors” to the new generations.
- To provide affordable (approaching zero-cost) opportunities to young researchers to present their work, learn, and network.
- To promote EURO, its activities, instruments, and resources.
- Porto, Portugal, 21-22 June 2022.
- Seville, Spain, 2-3 May 2019.
All members of EURO national societies are welcome. To stay true to our name, we encourage participation of young researchers (up to 35 years old) and of anyone who is “young to OR” (recent graduates, PhD students, early-career post-docs).
We track membership through our Google Group. To become a member, apply to join the group and tell us a little bit about yourself. To stop being a member, cancel your group subscription.