The second EUROYoung Workshop
The tentative programme for the Workshop is the following. Please note that last-minute changes are still possible, due to timetabling constraints.
Day 1 (June 21)
- 08:30 - 12:30 (at INSEC-TEC) Registration.
- 09:00 - 09:45 (at INESC-TEC) Welcome.
- 09:50 - 11:00 (at INESC-TEC) Contributed talks.
- 09:50 - Belen Navarro: Makespan minimization for the flowshop scheduling problem with limited storage capacity between machines.
- 10:10 - Carla Talens: The 2-stage assembly scheduling problem.
- 10:30 - Lena Reisenegger: Optimizing waste management for leftover food in grocery retail considering economic, environmental, and social aspects.
- 10:50 - 11:20 (at INESC-TEC) Coffee break.
- 11:20 - 12:20 (at INESC-TEC) Contributed talks.
- 11:20 - Barbara Rodrigues: Market Integration of Behind-the-Meter Residential Energy Storage.
- 11:40 - Cesare Caputo: Energy System Evolution Strategies for Mobile Micro-grids using Deep Reinforcement Learning Flexibility Analysis.
- 12:00 - Reinaldo Gomes: Identifying optimal flexibility strategies through a two-stage stochastic programming model to mitigate uncertainty resulting from fires in the forest-to-bioenergy supply chain.
- 12:30 Lunch.
- 14:00 - 15:00 (at FEUP) Invited talk by Renata Mansini: “Kernel Search and general purpose methods: the relevance of MIP solvers in the development of modern heuristics for mixed integer linear programming problems”.
- 15:00 - 15:40 (at FEUP) Contributed talks.
- 15:00 - Pilar Ramos: Applying heterogeneities to train failure data.
- 15:20 - Lucia Bautista: Modelling heterogeneities in a degrading system.
- 15:40 - 16:00 (at FEUP) Coffee break.
- 16:15 Social activity.
- 20:00 Social dinner.
Day 2 (June 22)
- 09:00 - 10:20 (at INESC-TEC) Contributed talks.
- 09:00 - Ali Hassanzadeh: How to conclude a suspended sports league?
- 09:20 - Miao Li: Integrating the grouping and timetabling of multi-league sports competitions.
- 09:40 - Masoud Golalikhani: Optimizing realistic pricing plans for one-way carsharing systems.
- 10:00 - Alexandra Oliveira: A quality monitoring approach based on a condition index.
- 10:30 - 11:00 (at INESC-TEC) Coffee break.
- 11:00 - 12:20 (at INESC-TEC) Contributed talks.
- 11:00 - Nicolas Clavijo-Buritica: Robustness Analysis for Sustainable Agri-food Supply Networks.
- 11:20 - Nho Min Dinh: Inventory Routing Problems: Split and Unsplit delivery.
- 11:40 - Minakshi Mandal: Last-Mile Delivery Using Public Transportation Systems.
- 12:00 - Alba Olivares: Feature Centralized Multiproduct Newsvendor with Substitution.
- 12:30 Lunch.
- 14:00 - 15:00 (at FEUP) Invited talk by Pedro Amorim: “The practice and impact of OR: lessons learned”.
- 15:00 - 15:30 (at FEUP) Coffee break.
- 15:30 - 16:50 (at FEUP) Contributed talks.
- 15:30 - Anna Kovalenko: Two paradigms for combining optimization and satisfiability: maximum satisfiability and optimum satisfiability problems.
- 15:50 - Alberto Torrejon: Location, connection and order in discrete network problems.
- 16:10 - Francisco Temprano: Overlapping community detection through weighted graph community games.
- 16:30 - Nandan Singh: Government Subsidy, Product Innovation, Process Innovation and Channel Power.
- 17:00 (at FEUP) Closing remarks and goodbyes.